Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Moose In the Carribean?

We arrived in St. Thomas with nice 84 degree weather. The weather has been great the whole trip with only occasion showers (five minutes or less) during parts of the day. We have taken some pictures we want to share.

Here is the view from a restaurant balcony. This is looking toward Charlotte Amalie, the capital of St. Thomas. You can see the cruise ship docked near town. There were 6 cruise ships in port at one time.


This picture is the view of the ocean from the back of the resort. The water, skies, trees, etc. are all very beautiful.


We had a bit of a problem. We were walking down a hill from the hotel to the section of the hotel where we are staying. All at once a witch jumped out, yelled loudly, cast a spell on Nan and then smoke filled the air. Once the smoke cleared, the witch and Nan were gone. All that was left is what I took a picture of next. It didn't take long before I realized the witch had cast a spell on Nan.


An old man came along and told me that we had been victims of a witch that haunts the resort property. He said that if I wanted my wife back, all I had to do was kiss her. Kiss her? Kiss this? Take a closer look...


To demonstrate just how much I love my wife, here is proof that I did it. I kissed her and yes, she did return to normal. The only thing that seems to be different about her now is that all she wants to eat is salad. Oh, and she does make some strange, grunting sounds every now and then.


We have more to report but I wanted to get this post finished. After all, that's enough for one day! By the way...so far, no moose to be found in St. Thomas. And I'll bet I'm in trouble as soon as Nan reads this one.

No comments: