Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Biking at Glens Falls - Vermont

We arrived in Vermont at Heather and Dave's home. They have a wonderful place tucked into the side of a mountain with a river and railroad track running nearby. The woods are full of birds.

Since they don't have a DSL connection (after all, we are in Vermont) I won't post any pictures but we saw some really beautiful places yesterday. The farmland in Vermont is ideal. I could get used to that lifestyle, I believe.

We made the bike ride from Glens Falls to Lake George. In some places it was a tough ride because the hills were so steep. However, we made it and enjoyed the ride.

Heather and Dave have a wonderful family. Their kids are just delightful. At breakfast this morning all of us adults were talking. Very quietly Maura said, "Excuse me." Then Colton said, "Excuse me." Neither were acknowledged and began to repeat the phrase, each getting a little louder. Finally Colton said, "Excuse me first!" at which point they were acknowledged and Maura got to make her request.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance. Maybe we'll find a WiFi connection somewhere.

For now, no moose as of yet. However, Dave says that they do have a moose in the neighborhood.

No comments: